Pardon the Interruption
January 31, 2013
Hey, we’re both a bit busy prepping for some work events. Oh, and there’s nothing to post. Geez, is there any interesting news out there? I have a couple random thoughts:
- It looks like less and less of the senate is interested in a comprehensive weapons ban. This is no surprise, since not much of the actual population outside of a suburban enclave seems interested, but it goes to show that you couldn’t tell that by actually watching or reading the news.
- The winners in all this are your gun industry members, who managed to sell off even inventory that nobody wanted to buy. If you go to the gun department of your local sporting goods store (unless you’re in CA, where they don’t have anything like that), it looks like the locusts have picked it over.
- The losers in all of this would be anyone who just wanted a box of .22LR to hit the range. Hysteria and predictions thereof are a great way to save money if you know what you’re doing. I was only partially successful in that quest, by the way.
- As long as we’re complaining about hurting the kids… is it me, or has the incidence of teachers sleeping with students gone way up lately? Maybe it’s just being reported or found out now, but geez.
- Oh, as long as we’re reminding ourselves that we need to protect kids, how about we encourage them to learn to say no? If you didn’t see this article, go read it and be sick. Sending a picture of your junk is a new way to flirt? I call it child abuse by children.
- Hey, kids, how about you go to church and maybe think about what it takes to grow to a responsible adult?
Okay, I have to get back to work. I’ll write some more tomorrow.