- I still think that Mitt Romney was the best candidate that the R’s could have put up, and that he ran a very successful strategy. At the end, he was making the strategic moves, and the Obama camp was following in desperation. And yet…
- I’m still a supporter of the Electoral System, the love-of-my-life wife and I were just arguing about it. Our nation is a republic, not a democracy, and we have an electoral system to drive the will of a coalition of states, not a mob rule. It benefitted the R’s in 2000, and it benefits the D’s in 2012. Stuff happens.
- The senate did not break for the R’s either. I didn’t expect the R’s to win a majority, but I did expect a strong Romney surge to pull more R support in the senate. The House and Senate remain significantly divided, and I don’t think that bodes well for compromise.
Am I unhappy? I couldn’t really tell you. The sun will rise tomorrow, and government will grow at a pace that taxes won’t be able to support. But taxes will be the route. I wonder what we’ll do as a nation when we relize that we’re still on the same path we were at the beginning of the year when everyone was convinced that we weren’t on a sustainable path…
What the heck, it’s all God’s will, and I’m saved through the Lord, Jesus Christ. I can’t forget that.
Updated 11/7: I have a couple more thoughts:
- The “Facebook Friend Analsysis,” has a range of giddy elation to reaching out “on our terms” from the Obama supporters to the rest of the world. Hey, it’s a victory, and I’d expect people to act victorious. What I wonder is whether they realize they’re still talking in their own echo chamber.
- I’m expecting intransigence on the part of the Right, even to the level of pushing the full fiscal cliff. The Left will view this as sour grapes, the Right will view this as forcing fiscal responsibility even if it’s completely painful.
- As I watch, the Dow is hovering right at 13,000. Oops, just went under. If it stays under that, I’m expecting a psychological push down for the week, so let’s all hope that it close above the magic number. The Q4 numbers are not looking pretty for industry, and this could be the start of a looong glide.
- By the way, not only did the sun rise in Oregon, but it’s looking to be sunny. I can get a run in a lunch! See, I found that pony.