It’s not a bug, it’s a feature
By any normal measure, this administration is a failure – From Forbes
- Absent the stimulus, the unemployment rate was projected to fall below 7% during 2012. Yet, last month, it rose to 8.3%, in spite of 7.5 million people leaving the labor force, and therefore no longer being counted as unemployed.
- If the labor force participation rate had remained unchanged, the unemployment rate would now be above 11%.
As a result of his policies we will soon face:
- Federal expenditures on ObamaCare will total $2.3 trillion, a $1.4 trillion increase from the program’s initial estimates;
- The combination of budget cuts and sequestration will reduce defense spending by $1 trillion, while total government spending will increase by $1.1 trillion;
- Taxes will be increased by $1.8 trillion
- Yet, the national debt will increase by another $11 trillion.
He promised transformation. We got it – it’s a feature, NOT a bug.
President Obama appears more than willing to accept the collateral damage associated with his quest to transform America. ….
In the domain of power, the President’s successes are historic. Given his criteria of success, sacrificing the jobs of several million Americans are of little consequence when compared to this vast and potentially permanent increase in the power of the federal government over the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness of the American people.
School lunches? Free flavor of the month? No highways to the suburbs? Yup – just a pupu platter sampler of what he has in store for us.
What was that about collusion with corporations – a supposed specialty of the Republican establishment? Better be careful about your votes if you live in Virginia because the administration & your employer might have plans to dispose of your job…once your votes are tallied. You’re welcome – that’s a little gift on our dime (the other taxpayers who didn’t lose our jobs like you will, but are helping the government cover the cost of the fines on those corporations for breaking the law & holding off layoff announcements).
Hot Air: Defense contractor Lockheed Martin heeded a request from the White House today – one with political overtones – and announced it will not issue layoff notices to thousands of employees just days before the November presidential election.
Sadly, these people are simply tools – once they are used to achieve power, they tend to be eliminated to consolidate it…
Wikipedia: The political purge was primarily an effort by Stalin to eliminate challenge from past and potential opposition groups… This required the elimination of all Marxists with different views, especially those among the prestigious “old guard” of revolutionaries. As the purges began, the government (through the NKVD) shot Communist heroes, including Mikhail Tukhachevsky and Béla Kun, as well as the majority ofVladimir Lenin‘s Politburo, for disagreements in policy. …
The end justifies the means – just always bear in mind that like the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the end isn’t utopia for all but 100,000 or fewer government officials. Happy voting!